Improvements / Changes of note since the previous entry, WWE 2K17
- Eight wrestlers will be able to compete in the ring simultaneously, an increase from Six, and the first time Eight has been available since WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It
- Wrestlers can now carry their opponents, as opposed to just dragging them
- Create-a-match has returned since it's last appearance on WWE '12
- Kurt Angle returns, last seen in WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007, as a Pre-Order bonus character
- Brand new commentary provided by Corey Graves, Byron Saxton, and Micheal Cole
- While 2k17 improved the lighting, 2k18 promises a fresh new graphics engine, which the team has reportedly been working on for the past few years
- Replay system has a Free Camera mode, allowing you to set up your own shots. Especially useful for the Create-a-Video mode
- Fighting Styles, the player can choose between eight differing fighting styles, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses
- Features the brand split, providing RAW, Smackdown Live, NXT, 205 Live, and Legends.
- Poised to have the largest roster of superstars of any WWE game to date, with a suggested list of 180 - 200 characters, spanning across the various brands.
As of this writing, it's uncertain what the final number will be as the roster is only being gradually revealed over time.
Music / Soundtrack
"Music is one of my soul's anchors. All genres. I'm excited to celebrate my WWE roots by partnering with the 2K and Apple Music teams and share some of my favourite hardcore training songs with fans all over the world" ~ Dwayne Johnson
The soundtrack chosen by Dwayne includes the following tracks
- Black Skinhead - Kanye West
- Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh
- Boyz-N-The-hood - Eazy-E
- Smokin' - Boston
- Soul Man - Blues Brothers
- Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
- Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars
- Last One Standing - !Mayday! (ft. Tech N9ne)
- Straight out the Gate - Tech N9ne (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Serj Tankian)